Re: Field Day Reports

Dave Benson

Keith and multitudes-

Here's hoping there's decent activity levels. I'm guessing there'll be a lot more class-D and -E stations.

I've shot a line over a big pine-  it's up 65 feet and I'll use either a 20M vertical dipole or an inverted-Y for 40M. I'll put a screen tent up this morning in a shaded spot in our woods.  The weather will be an unknown- a  60% chance of T-storms both days. If need be, I can move to our small 'cabin'.   It'd be tempting to skip the tent and set up there instead, but that'll mean mosquitoes (Praise the Lord and pass the DEET!)

When I wrap up Field Day, I'm exhausted, bug-bitten and sunburned. You know- a complete success!  Best of luck to all, and hope to work you this weekend.

73- Dave, K1SWL
1B- Battery

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 9:44 PM Keith Arns via groups.io <kc0pp=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
This certainly going to be a strange year for FD.  Take a photo and / or write up a short paragraph and share your experiences with the 4State QRP Group.  It is always fun to see what others are doing. I will do a special FD issue of the QRP Banner.  Send your info to the link below.  Have fun and be safe.

editorqrpbanner@...

Regards,
KC0PP
Keith Arns