Re: Field Day Reports

Nick WA5BDU <kennnick@...>

I'm doing something similar - putting up my screen house and a temporary antenna in the backyard. A sane person might ask - Why not just stay in the house?  But camping in the back yard awakens the ten year old boy in me. Plus I've invested in that screen house and that generator so why not use 'em?

My faith is not strong enough to go with QRP though. But I know a lot of people will make 100s of QSOs as QRP.

I've been K5PXP on FD most of the past 30 years or so. This year I'll be WA5BDU.

73,

Nick, WA5BDU 1B AR

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 5:47 AM Dave Benson <davek1swl@...> wrote:
Keith and multitudes-

Here's hoping there's decent activity levels. I'm guessing there'll be a lot more class-D and -E stations.

I've shot a line over a big pine-  it's up 65 feet and I'll use either a 20M vertical dipole or an inverted-Y for 40M. I'll put a screen tent up this morning in a shaded spot in our woods.  The weather will be an unknown- a  60% chance of T-storms both days. If need be, I can move to our small 'cabin'.   It'd be tempting to skip the tent and set up there instead, but that'll mean mosquitoes (Praise the Lord and pass the DEET!)

When I wrap up Field Day, I'm exhausted, bug-bitten and sunburned. You know- a complete success!  Best of luck to all, and hope to work you this weekend.

73- Dave, K1SWL
1B- Battery

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 9:44 PM Keith Arns via groups.io <kc0pp=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
This certainly going to be a strange year for FD.  Take a photo and / or write up a short paragraph and share your experiences with the 4State QRP Group.  It is always fun to see what others are doing. I will do a special FD issue of the QRP Banner.  Send your info to the link below.  Have fun and be safe.

editorqrpbanner@...

Regards,
KC0PP
Keith Arns