Re: Field Day Reports

Dave Benson

Guys-

Hope to hear and work you both this weekend!

The tent thing fell through. The tent itself was fine, but the rain fly (never used before) isn't big enough.   I'm now set up in the cabin and the antennas are good to go. Worked a few on 40 and 15M.  I usually give 80M only brief attention, but this time I've got the height for a quarter-wave vertical. We'll see.  I plan to hook up the 4SQRP Hilltoppers for old time's sake and work a few.

Best of luck to all-  let's see what this challenging year brings!

73-  Dave, K1SWL

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 9:44 AM Larry Makoski <w2ljqrp@...> wrote:
I'll be 1E NNJ.

Setting up in the back yard with the PAR END FEDZ for the daytime. Too close to the house to be considered 1B.
The set up will be the KX3 attached to my deep cycle battery, which in turn will be connected to my Harbor Freight solar panel.

For the night time, I'll transfer the KX3 down to the shack and use my permanent wires for 80 and 160 Meters. When those bands peter out, I'll hit the sack. No full 24 hours for W2LJ this year - not with a comfortable mattress so close!

Larry W2LJ

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 8:39 AM Nick WA5BDU <kennnick@...> wrote:
I'm doing something similar - putting up my screen house and a temporary antenna in the backyard. A sane person might ask - Why not just stay in the house?  But camping in the back yard awakens the ten year old boy in me. Plus I've invested in that screen house and that generator so why not use 'em?

My faith is not strong enough to go with QRP though. But I know a lot of people will make 100s of QSOs as QRP.

I've been K5PXP on FD most of the past 30 years or so. This year I'll be WA5BDU.

73,

Nick, WA5BDU 1B AR

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 5:47 AM Dave Benson <davek1swl@...> wrote:
Keith and multitudes-

Here's hoping there's decent activity levels. I'm guessing there'll be a lot more class-D and -E stations.

I've shot a line over a big pine-  it's up 65 feet and I'll use either a 20M vertical dipole or an inverted-Y for 40M. I'll put a screen tent up this morning in a shaded spot in our woods.  The weather will be an unknown- a  60% chance of T-storms both days. If need be, I can move to our small 'cabin'.   It'd be tempting to skip the tent and set up there instead, but that'll mean mosquitoes (Praise the Lord and pass the DEET!)

When I wrap up Field Day, I'm exhausted, bug-bitten and sunburned. You know- a complete success!  Best of luck to all, and hope to work you this weekend.

73- Dave, K1SWL
1B- Battery

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 9:44 PM Keith Arns via groups.io <kc0pp=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
This certainly going to be a strange year for FD.  Take a photo and / or write up a short paragraph and share your experiences with the 4State QRP Group.  It is always fun to see what others are doing. I will do a special FD issue of the QRP Banner.  Send your info to the link below.  Have fun and be safe.

editorqrpbanner@...

Regards,
KC0PP
Keith Arns