Tnx Randy
Bobby

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 5, 2013, at 11:26 PM, KB4QQJ@... wrote:

Bobby,
Get rid of the telescopic whip and find a piece of solid copper wire the correct length. Just a piece straightened out from #18 or #14 ?? should work.
Works fine with a mag mount but better with solid vehicle chassis ground.
It'll work for you. The telescopic whip introduces some strange things.

73 for now,
Randy_KB4QQJ

In a message dated 6/5/2013 2:53:01 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, rolph981@... writes:
Well I took my MFJ 259B and headed to the park with the hamstick and the 10 foot telescopic whip. After several tries at many different lengths I had no luck. I am using a mag mount on my Jeep so maybe that's the problem? I have had good results with the mount when using other hamsticks but I just could not get this to pan out. Any more idea's. I could just order a 17 meter stick. Hey,but what fun is that!
72/3
Bobby