Re: Field Day Reports

B C K9WIS <k9wis@...>

this was a fun event..learned a lot about power budget management with solar panel and battery as power source. I waited until after 18:00Z on Saturday to throw my dipole up into a a couple of trees in the yard and set up the radio and computer on the patio. It took all of 15 minutes to set up and that short delay bought me an extra  3 hours in the contest that allowed me to operate Sunday afternoon when the bands were more QRP friendly.  226 Q's, plus w1aw fd message, 100% emergency, natural power bonus points..oh, an dont forget the 50 free points for submitting logs online.

Brian K9WIS

From: "Keith Arns via groups.io"
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io
Sent: Thursday June 25 2020 8:44:19PM
Subject: [4SQRP] Field Day Reports

This certainly going to be a strange year for FD.  Take a photo and / or write up a short paragraph and share your experiences with the 4State QRP Group.  It is always fun to see what others are doing. I will do a special FD issue of the QRP Banner.  Send your info to the link below.  Have fun and be safe.

editorqrpbanner@...

Regards,
KC0PP
Keith Arns