Re: Para-sets and books

AE1NH <ae1nh@...>

On Wed, Jul 1, 2020 at 12:17 PM, griffithsesq.robert wrote:
See photos below from Les Invalids (Sp) Military Museum in Paris if, they come through the Reflector.

Many of you have probably already read The Secret Wireless War -The Story of MI6 Communications 1939-1945 by Geoffrey P Pidgeon. There is a chapter on Clandestine Wireless and Agent Sets. Another section describes how German Operators used Q Signals in their messages to attempt to disguise military traffic as Amateur Radio communications.

Another recent book with some coverage of agents dropped behind the lines in WW2 is Last Hope Island.
73 Griff NE3I

Griff NE3i

The Paraset I am familiar with had the tubes mounted on top. Do you know what this radio is specifically called. I would like to find more info on it. Thx.

73 de AE1NH, Alan