Re: #BRUTUS Anyone think we'll go to Brutus this year? #BRUTUS

W0MQY

Hi John

Yes, in the past it was started as a summer get together for the 4sqrp group but not limited to.  It blossomed into a weekend affair with lots of good food and plenty of on the air time.  We have always had a lot fun and fellowship in-spite of the temperatures exceeding 95 degrees in Kansas this time of year.  The Covid-19 pandemic has certainly cast doubts on the 2020 version of this group event for me anyway.  The increase in mask usage has been a welcomed sight here too John.

I myself am 82, with health issues that places me in the very high risk group.  The experts are all saying masks and isolation are the best defense against Covid-19 so I will probably take their advice and operate from my deck.  It won’t be the same as a group gathering but at least I could participate safely.   That’s my two cents worth.  72/73  Joe W0MQY

On Mon, Jul 6, 2020 at 5:50 PM John Nicholas <stnick@...> wrote:
Joe,

Is Brutus Bash a get-together or something else? I get the concerns about Covid,  Sedgwick County has had an increase also and some are stuck on not thinking.   I have noticed a nice percentage increase in Mask Usage since the City of Wichita took some action,  And I live in Derby.

Just getting my base station set up. It will be nice to do something Ham related without excess risk.  Staying at home is fine, but.

Please keep us informed via the list and the rest of us.

73

de ZEoZUW John
On Jul 6, 2020, at 5:16 PM, Charles W. Powell via groups.io <doctorcwp@...> wrote:

I hadn't given it a lot of thought, but provided we didn't have a huge crowd, I think we could possibly do this safely.  Let me confer with my other infectious disease expert (XYL) and see what she says.  That also assumes the park is open.

73,

Charles - NK8O

On 7/6/20 4:45 PM, Ed Meyer, WG5F wrote:
Now that the 4th of July is behind us...  Anyone else thinking about Brutus Bash 2020?
72,
-Ed, WG5F-

--
Joe Porter, PhD