Re: Solder fume extractor

John

10m is kind dead these days so if we push it out there we shouldnt have an issue.

John VE3IPS

Ham Radio is a lifestyle not a Hobby!
Take the radio outside and operate from the Field
Throw a wire in a tree and make a QSO

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 11:33 AM John Nicholas <stnick@...> wrote:
Ventilating bad stuff outside is always better then stirring it up, or recycling through a filter.

On Jul 9, 2020, at 10:29 AM, John <ve3ips@...> wrote:

With a longer duct tube this can be used for gathering within 70cm and let the fan blow out the chance of any virus out to 10m
John VE3IPS

Ham Radio is a lifestyle not a Hobby!
Take the radio outside and operate from the Field
Throw a wire in a tree and make a QSO

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 11:16 AM Daniel Walter via groups.io <nm3a=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I made very similar one from a 4" muffin fan, and 4" plastic dryer ducting. Fan is on the floor and flexible end can be placed near work area. You could easily attach a charcoal filter if you want, but I figure that the harmful smoke has largely settled out by the time it exits the fan, which is 4' away from me. --
72/73, Dan
NM3A