Re: Polyvaricon Source Wanted

Gwen Patton

I bought four from this source:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dual-Gang-AM-FM-Variable-Capacitor-266pF-X-2-and-20pF-X-2-500pF-Total/113059337104

They're your typical AM/FM radio devices. I found a small transmitting loop on Thingiverse that uses them, so I bought some. I printed up the enclosure and planetary gearing for it, but haven't had the time to fiddle with it and build the darned loop. That'll probably be a winter project.

73,
Gwen, NG3P

On Sat, Jul 18, 2020 at 7:51 PM John Daly via groups.io <wa9whd=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Have you looked at QRP Kits - I believe they sell polyvaricon caps.

73 - W4USF John

On Jul 18, 2020, at 5:40 PM, Tim N9PUZ <tim.n9puz@...> wrote:

Greetings gang!  Since it's been so hot this weekend I've been sifting through some saved notes and links. I've run across a couple of projects I'm considering and wondered where you go about buying Polyvaricon adjustable caps.

I've followed a few links from my web searches and they lead to either caps that are not the small polyvaricons, items that are out of stock, or suppliers half way around the world. I'd rather not pay more for shipping that for the caps themselves!

Tim N9PUZ