Original Tenna Dipper -- help

bleepingbeep

I'm trying to resurrect an old Tenna Dipper that was offered by 4SQRP around 2004.

The problem is that the Morse Code annunciator is mute.   On power up it's supposed to send "TDV1", but I hear nothing.  If  I hold the program button down, it's supposed to scroll audibly through the options.  Again I hear nothing.

I suspect there's a problem with the PIC, a 12C508.  If anyone has a programmed PIC they could send me, I'd very happily pay for it.  On the other hand, if anyone has the code and could share it, I could program the chip myself.

Any help or pointers much appreciated.  Thanks and 73.

Jerry AA6KI
Tucson