Re: Original Tenna Dipper -- help

bleepingbeep

Chapter Two:  One step forward and one step back

The PIC wasn't to blame for the silence. I put a scope on the output from the 74HC00 (pin 3) to the speaker.  Pressing and holding the program button produced a stream of
raggedy but lovely square waves (amplitude ~2-3Vpp).  Clearly the PIC was sending Morse as it was supposed to.

The problem had to be a faulty speaker. I removed it and temporarily put an LED in its place. It clearly flashed Morse. Then I connected a different speaker.  It worked fine, and I thought I had the problem solved.

But no.  On power up, the chip sends "V2".  Oops, that's not the right ID.  According to a note that came with the kit, it indicates the PIC was one of an early batch that were
incorrectly programmed.

So I'm back where I started, still needing a correctly programmed PIC, or alternatively, the code.

Thanks for reading.

Jerry AA6KI
Tucson