Re: Original Tenna Dipper -- help

John - KK4ITX

Jerry,

Dan Taylor, N7VE and Steve Weber, KD1JV were responsible for putting this dipper package together.  Both of them show on QRZ with email addresses.  Perhaps they can help ?

V2 would’t be the battery voltage by chance ?

Good luck,

John
KK4ITX

On Aug 5, 2020, at 22:17, bleepingbeep <bleepingbeep@...> wrote:

Chapter Two:  One step forward and one step back

The PIC wasn't to blame for the silence. I put a scope on the output from the 74HC00 (pin 3) to the speaker.  Pressing and holding the program button produced a stream of
raggedy but lovely square waves (amplitude ~2-3Vpp).  Clearly the PIC was sending Morse as it was supposed to.

The problem had to be a faulty speaker. I removed it and temporarily put an LED in its place. It clearly flashed Morse. Then I connected a different speaker.  It worked fine, and I thought I had the problem solved.

But no.  On power up, the chip sends "V2".  Oops, that's not the right ID.  According to a note that came with the kit, it indicates the PIC was one of an early batch that were
incorrectly programmed.

So I'm back where I started, still needing a correctly programmed PIC, or alternatively, the code.

Thanks for reading.

Jerry AA6KI
Tucson