Re: 40 and 80 Meter CW nets

n4mj

In the FWIW column: I get the same SSB/noise QRM here in west TN on 7.122.  I presumed it is coming from S.A. but who knows.  Maybe someone with a directional antenna could help pinpoint it.

Changing frequency seems a viable idea.

73 de n4mj//glenn

  Thank you!

On Thursday, August 13, 2020, 12:34:49 PM CDT, John - KK4ITX via groups.io <jleahy00@...> wrote:

That might help Johnny but as you heard from my audio of last night I wouldn’t have a clue that you QSY’d...... I am currently in Maine but even when I’m in Florida lately it’s just a no-go.  I thought that in October perhaps I’ll try a loop that may help ?

John
KK4ITX

Visit:  www.zaarc.org.   👁

On Aug 13, 2020, at 13:18, Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...> wrote:

Gm Chas
I had some qrm at the beginning, but they either moved or quit transmitting.

I could QSY after I pick off the first round of check ins.
72
Johnny ACØBQ

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 12:14 PM <w2sh@...> wrote:
Although I QNI'd the 40m net (didn't bother to try the 80m net with just a dipole), I have never had such bad QRM from the Spanish-language SSB splatter that went down as far as 7,120.50 kHz.

In the future if the NCS is similarly QRM'd, I would hope he would consider a QSY to a nearby frequency sufficiently lower.

72,

Charles (aka Chas), W2SH

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com