Re: New Hilltopper20/40

wa2cky

Nice to know about the 7100-7125 segment. Kind of where I will wind up when I get back on.  Someday.

Bob, WA2CKY

On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 7:25 PM Leland L. Bahr <w5drc@...> wrote:
I  might add, there are a number of Novice Boat Anchor transmitter
collectors that operate on 7100-7125.  Many of these guys are primarily
restorers of older tube transmitters and receivers.  Many restore and
operate old tube type Novice transmitters.  They are for the most part
older hams reliving their youth using old gear.  CW is not their primary
interest.  So these guys, for the most part, are not "CW speed demons"
and they feel more relaxed operating between 7100-7125.  It's more like
operating on an old Novice Band without all the clutter.  Any new ham
interested in CW would most likely enjoy this part of 40 meters when
first getting started with CW.

Lee, w0vt