Re: Ozark Patrol Audio Transformer and Jack

Gwen Patton

One thing that might be affecting regeneration is the "gimmick" capacitor C12. You might need more twists or fewer twists. I found it really changes the regeneration level a LOT.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
73,
Gwen, NG3P

On Sun, Aug 23, 2020 at 11:22 AM Dale Hardin <joe.dale.hardin@...> wrote:
Thanks Johnny.  I think he is already following this incident.  BTW, this is the rig that a previous ham gave up on in frustration.  You might remember his posts.  I decided to take on the troubleshooting even though I'm not very good at it.  I hope to make it a good receiver for my grandkids.  I got started in ham radio with an Ocean Hopper.

On Sun, Aug 23, 2020 at 9:58 AM Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...> wrote:
Gm Dale
See if you can get in touch with Dave Cripe, NM0S.

His email is NM0S@...

He designed this little bugger, I bet he can get you kick started.

It might be best to email him direct.
Be patient, he is pretty busy.

73
Johnny ACØBQ

On Sun, Aug 23, 2020 at 9:52 AM Dale Hardin <joe.dale.hardin@...> wrote:
I ran the troubleshooting voltages in the Assembly Manual.  The battery voltage iws 8.434v.  The following voltages are in list order:
0.000
0.889
7.849
0.615
3.454
2.772
4.815
Looks like the voltages on the collectors of Q1 and Q3 are high.  I have gone through the soldering on the regenerative circuit and touched up each one.  Still no regeneration.  I replaced D1, but don't have (or can't find) 1N914 diodes.  Haven't pulled and tested them yet.
Any suggestions?

Regards, Dlae

On Sat, Aug 22, 2020 at 8:07 PM Dale Hardin via groups.io <joe.dale.hardin=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
OK, got the little amp installed and working.  After replacing all the transistors, I hooked up my signal injector to the antenna end and got a tone out of the speaker.  However, I do not have any regeneration, so I hooked it up to my antenna.  Still no joy.  Absolotutely no regeneration.  I have the batteries out being recharged so I can get some voltage measurements.  I would appreciate it if one of you more knowedgable members would give me a list of tests to carry out to see what the problem is.  BTW, I removed, checked for good, and replaced the coil, so I'm comfortable it is ok.  The voltage changes on the regen pot when turned, so the pot is ok.  Where do I start looking now?  Dale

--
Dale Hardin, KS4NS
Elberta, AL

--