Re: Ozark Patrol Audio Transformer and Jack

Dale Hardin

I replaced Q1 with a 2n2222A.  I messaged Dave Cripes about the regeneration and he  suggested I needed to add a resistor on the emitter of Q1 to reduce the gain of the 2n2222A (that has more gain than the original transistor) as the regeneration was full on all the time (hope I said that right).  Did that, no joy--no regeneration point.  Dave also suggested I rewind L1.  I plan to do that.  While I am there, I will add the gimmick capacitor back to the circuit.  I think I am getting too much signal to the regeneration circuit.  At least I am learning more about how this receiver works.  Dale

On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 6:54 PM Curt via groups.io <rhulett1=consolidated.net@groups.io> wrote:
FWIW, mine has a most definite regeneration point.  So if yours isn't that isn't normal.

Curt KB5JO

--
Dale Hardin
Elberta, AL