Re: IARU Region 2 Seeks Input on HF Band Plan

Don Jackson

What government? No government involved on this.

On 02/19/2013 09:23 AM, Scotty Long wrote:

I put my two cents in for what it's worth in a brief e mail. I have lost faith in the government doing the right thing.

Scotty/NU0S

/Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID/

Don AE5K <donj@...> wrote:

On 02/19/2013 07:18 AM, KU4GW Cliff wrote:

The
ARRL is seeking input to proposed band plan changes in the upcoming IARU
convention in Mexico. Everyone needs to read the proposed changes, and
voice any support or opposition as you see fit. The proposals can be
seen here:
http://www.arrl.org/news/iaru-region-2-seeks-input-on-hf-band-plan&#92;
<http://www.arrl.org/news/iaru-region-2-seeks-input-on-hf-band-plan>> http://www.arrl.org/news/iaru-region-2-seeks-input-on-hf-band-planhttp://www.arrl.org/news/iaru-region-2-seeks-input-on-hf-ban&#92;
<http://www.arrl.org/news/iaru-region-2-seeks-input-on-hf-ban>> d-plan
http://www.arrl.org/news/iaru-region-2-seeks-input-on-hf-band-plan>color="#000000">ITU
Region
2 hams, especially CW and digital mode operators better be for
submitting any comments quickly to oppose putting our 40 meter bandplan
in step with either ITU region 1 or 3! There is a March 1st deadline for
submitting comments! I have already submitted mine in opposition. Submit
them ASAP to bandplan2013@... <mailto:bandplan2013%40arrl.org>
Other member nations of ITU Region 2
can get the contact info for their ITU go to person at
http://www.iaru-r2.org/directory/">color="#9136ad">size="4">http://www.iaru-r2.org/directory/</&#92;
a>face="Arial, sans-serif">There is one change that
concerns me deeply. Currently, 40M narrow band modes are used from 7,000
KHz to 7,125 KHz. The proposal is to cut this down to a 40 KHz section
from 7,000 KHz to 7,040 KHz. Please get involved by voicing your
opinion! Please share this information with all your amateur radio
friends ASAP! Very 73 de KU4GW

Hi Cliff,

Just what are your reasons for objection to the proposed band plan?

Don AE5K