9 volt rechargeable

John - KK4ITX

I have all the Crickets, the Cricket-Key, The Muriana and the QRPoMeter....... and a host of other requirements for a 9 volt battery like test equipment....... I do need some money left over for retirement and other kits but the cost of these 9 volt guys are wrecking my IRA.

 I have looked at several rechargeable options but the full charge is only 8.4 volts max, so the question is...... what is the acceptable cutoff voltage for the devices listed above ?  Few specs give a operational voltage range.  My Yaesu FT-818 for instance cuts back on power output when my external battery nears 12.0 volts.  If my Crickets drop to 1/2 power I’ll be @ 3/8 of a watt...... I enjoy challenges but that’s really not much to work with on a regular basis.

Another issue might be with the physical size of the battery as some appear to be larger in length and thickness so some of the kits may have to be modified for the battery to fit ?

Any thoughts out there ?  Any experience with 9 volt rechargeables ?

Appreciate any help.

John
KK4ITX