Re: Back on the bench: built the SSCPO!

wa2cky

I will be signing up again!  Really missed being able to go to the last one but sometimes life gets in the way.

Bob

On Sat, Sep 19, 2020 at 5:58 PM Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...> wrote:
Hello Bob
Thanks for the nice compliment on the
Kit.
Dave did a great job on that design!
Glad to hear your doing ok.

We’re hoping to have Ozarkcon next year, conditions permitting!
Take care
73
Johnny ACØBQ
On Sat, Sep 19, 2020 at 3:26 PM wa2cky <bob.groh@...> wrote:
Picked up a SSCPO at the last convention and, need to have a code oscillator (and also dying to do something electronic!!), I built up the kit last night. It worked right off the bat and it sounded great with the built in key. I intend to build in a jack so I can use it with external keys. The only 'tweak' I had to make on the kit is to add two flat washers between the two spacers and the key strip to add some needed clearance between the key contact (i.e. the head of the screw holding the knob in place) and the pc board connection.

A fun build and a great sounding code oscillator.

73
Bob Groh, WA2CKY

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com