Re: US supplied Vietnam Village VHF handheld QRP radios....

w9ran <w9ran@...>

On 9/26/2020 4:28 PM, Jerry Brown wrote:
AM for 30-40 mHz.
Correct.   The HT-1E and HT-2 (the one shown in the original post) were AM transceivers, the HT-2 having an additional VHF converter that allowed it to hear AM transmissions from the aircraft band.    I converted a pair of them to 6 meter AM many years ago and used them at hamfests.   As-is they would slide down to 10 meters but I wanted 6 meters which was a lot more work.  The problem nowadays is finding crystals or a substitute that will fit in the housings.

Cool cold war relics along with the rest of the Village Radio series that turn up from time to time when a warehouse is cleaned out.

73, Bob W9RAN