Peanut Power Sprint this Sunday - Oct. 4
Jim Stafford W4QO
The Bees have swarmed and the Skeeters are
frozen. Now it's - The Peanut Power Sprint!
Everyone plays... Outdoors, Indoors, lo/hi
power... There is even a QRO category. for a quick summary …..
except one slight change this year: it’s 80,
Sponsored by the North Georgia QRP Club (NoGaQrP), this sprint will be held on Oct. 4 from 6PM to 7:59PM EDT, Full rules are on the NoGaQrP website - http://www.nogaqrp.org/PeanutPower/rules.pdf
The club is making this one different from most other QRP QSO events. Note: SSB!
1. It is open to all amateurs at any power level. We do this to attract some new folks to QRP while running their comfortable power - QRO (<= 100 watts pls). All are welcome. This is a fun event, not cut-throat!
3. It starts late in the day (right after close of CA QSO party!) which means we start at 3PM PDT, later than most contests.
4. There are categories for all situations - the prestigious category in the Peanut Power
category - 1W CW, 2W PEP SSB or less and operating from the field is the GOOBER CLASS! SOTA anyone?
5. Certificates will be awarded for each of 5 category winners (minimum 3 entries).
6. Sprint encourages SSB as well as CW contacts. The exchange: RS(T), State/ Province/Country (S/P/C), and your Peanut Number or Power. Call CQ NUT and have FUN!
8. This will encourage activity on the 3 permitted bands – 80M, 40M, 20M. See the rules for the suggested frequencies for each band/mode. Notice we are encouraging the now almost dead portion of 40M - 7061 kHz and up.
9. Logs are not submitted -simply a score - but keep your log in case it's requested for verification. Watch the NoGaQrP website for results. There is an online score calculator. It's all on the website - http://www.nogaqrp.org
To request your PPN, send an email to NoGaNuT PeTe at Pete@... Requests for special numbers may no longer be accommodated. Remember to include the phrase - "PEANUT POWER NUMBER" in the subject line of your request. See the current list of Peanut Power Numbers here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qoqkq4sa6tq4jrg/ PPS%20Numbers%20by%20Call%202019.xlsx?dl=0