Second Sunday Sprint Results

John Lonigro

In September, we had 14 SSS participants, which I thought was very good, until October came around.  This month, we had 16 participants, which is close to a record, which is 17 for 2020.  I don't know the reason for the sudden upsurge in participation, but I'm not complaining.  Maybe the pandemic is making everyone bored.

The winner this month, with 24 QSO points, is Nick Nichols, WB5BKL. Congratulations to Nick.  He will receive his certificate in the email shortly.

Also, welcome to Steve, WB5CTS.  While he's been a participant in the past, October was the first month he participated in 2020.

The big news for the month is there is a tie for first place for the year.  With only two months to go, both John, K4BAI, and Chas, W2SH, have 144 points.  In third place is Nick, WB5BKL, with 128 points. Carl, WB0CFF, is also within striking distance.  It's not likely, but it's possible we could end up with a 3- or 4-way tie at the end of the year.  There won't be any playoffs or sudden death contests to determine the overall winner.  Regardless of how many people end up in first place after December, all will get a certificate declaring them a "Co-Winner for 2020".  Then, after a few brief moments of fame for the winners, the spreadsheet will be cleared out, ready to start anew in 2021.

72,
John, AA0VE
4SQRP Coordinator