Re: 2 questions

Donald Sanders

Terry, the "cut numbers" are used in conversation during QSO. I do not think the FCC wants them used with your call letters.
The equal sign is used by many as a "wait, I'm thinking" prosign.
Dr. Don W4BWS

God Bless All

"Basic Wire Antennas" my new book available
for $5 sent to my email address via paypal friends.
More info at W4BWS on QRZ.com.

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020 at 11:50 AM Terry S. Clevenger via groups.io <tclevengers=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Just getting active on-air and have questions:
1) I've heard that 'T' can be used in place of the number 0; is this true? Thats part of my calls and want to be sure.

2) I hear the code for the '=' sign (-...-) fairly often and wonder if it's also used for something else? It seems odd I'd hear it so much.

Thanks. Good to be getting involved.

Terry Clevenger
KE0VFI