Re: 2 questions

* On 2020 24 Oct 20:03 -0500, Nate Bargmann wrote:
* On 2020 24 Oct 14:33 -0500, Dale Holloway, K4EQ wrote:
-...- is not an equal sign. It is a double dash.
You are correct, Dale. I goofed in agreeing is was the equal sign and
Wikipedia is incorrect also on this point.
Nope, I am mistaken, it is the equal sign what no less of an authority than the ITU
calls a "double hyphen":

https://www.itu.int/dms_pubrec/itu-r/rec/m/R-REC-M.1677-1-200910-I!!PDF-E.pdf

Dale, the character I think you're referring to is the "em-dash" (--)
that is also used in print to separate thoughts. It does not appear as
a separate character in the ITU list. I suppose if it was needed it
would be sent as two successive hyphens.

72, Nate

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB