Re: File /1916 Telegrapher magazine/The Northwest Telephone and Telegraph Review Magazine October 1916 Edition Zip Folder.zip uploaded #file-notice

Paul Goemans

Looks good!
  I love the “Radio Department” pages! I guess the word didn’t reach the editor about the radio station operating at the University of Wisconsin, Madison. Wireless transmissions started in 1914 and the station was licensed as 9XM in 1915. Experimental music broadcasts began in 1917. The station continues to this day as WHA AM, still licensed to the University of Wisconsin.

Paul Goemans WA9PWP
Stoughton, WI

Sent: Monday, October 26, 2020 2:46 PM
To: main@4sqrp.groups.io
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] File /1916 Telegrapher magazine/The Northwest Telephone and Telegraph Review Magazine October 1916 Edition Zip Folder.zip uploaded #file-notice

Thanks for posting the images from the great telegraphy magazine.  This afternoon I decided to make an attempt at converting the folder of images into a single PDF document, with some basic OCR (making most but likely not all of the document text searchable).  I did not attempt to test all of the OCR or do further editing.  The file is now quite a bit smaller than the collection of individual images (15.5 MB). 

The PDF document has been uploaded to the files area on the 4sqrp website at:

Neil
WA7VHT

Join main@4SQRP.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.