Re: Soldering Iron Temperature

Cliff Fox (KU4GW)

Those were some great soldering tips Ron! Thanks! I wanted to tell you about a tip cleaner I discovered that works great. I saw the stuff they sell on Amazon that has steel wool in a snap closed container. Well, my 79 year old mom uses these things for scrubbing pots and dishes called Scotchbrite Stainless Steel Scrubbing Pads that are made from coarsely shredded stainless steel.  I took one of them and stuffed it down inside a small jelly jar and it works great for cleaning the tip on my iron. Just push it into it over and over 2-3 times and the tip looks like brand new!

Very 72/73 de Cliff KU4GW
Proud Member of the ARRL A-1 Operator Club (*Elected to Full Membership April 11, 2012
4SQRP # 536
SKCC # 652C
100WAAW # 1358
FELD HELL # 0062
NAQCC # 1491
FISTS # 16001
30CW # 30CW127
QRP ARCI # 15877
QRP ZOMBIE # 867
SOC # 952
A1 CW Club # 3440

"It's not the class of license that the Amateur holds that matters, it's the class of the Amateur who holds the license!"