Re: QSTs (2015, 2016, 2017) - free for cost of shipping

John - KK4ITX

Well David, while it’s true ARRL members can get all back issues of QST and more online I was surprised that non members didn’t show any interest at all.  I belong to 5 clubs (250+ Hams) in my area and with less than 25% of Hams actually getting the QST publication I was naive enough to think that they would be interested !  There’s something wrong with that picture.

Clubs with newsletters like the 4S Banner and others, some even with printed and mailed copies, are a tremendous source of information AND education, yet the FREE aspect doesn’t seem to entice them to read the offerings..... I really don’t understand.

John
KK4ITX

Visit:  www.zaarc.org.   👁

On Nov 26, 2020, at 22:23, David Lininger <kb0zke@...> wrote:

John, I had the same problem several years ago. As was mentioned, ARRL
members can get the information for free online simply by searching for
what they want. Without an index, a pile of magazines is just a pile of
magazines. Also, I suspect that most hams have their own pile of magazines.

On 26/11/20 13:35, John - KK4ITX via groups.io wrote:
Bob,

Let us know if you’re successful, I had 6-7 years of QST and tried to
give them away at meetings, Hamfests and on email reflectors with no
takers. I don’t understand why 75% of hams don’t want free magazines
especially printed for their hobby.

I finally gave up and recycled them :(

Good luck !

John
KK4ITX

/*Visit:  *www.zaarc.org <http://www.zaarc.org>.   👁/

On Nov 26, 2020, at 13:51, wa2cky <bob.groh@...
<mailto:bob.groh@...>> wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving Day to all.

Cleaning up a bit and I have some QSTs from 2015, 2016 and 2017 that
will be going into the trash unless someone would like them. I can
load as many as I can get into a Medium sized USPS Priority Mail box
and zip them your way if you will pay $15.05 for postage (US only).
Not guaranteeing complete years as some might be missing. Drop me a
line if interested.

73
Bob Groh, WA2CKY

--