Re: QSTs (2015, 2016, 2017) - free for cost of shipping

Dean LaClair

Today's ham is NOTHING like the ham of yesteryear. No I'm not going to make any comments about the code I'm not going to make any comments about the lack of theory, just plain old don't care about building things learning things and doing things.
There are a whole lot of articles available in QST about the $28 baofeng which is 90% of today's new hams, only radio.

When I was a young ham I couldn't wait for the new issue of QST, 73 magazine, ham radio magazine to show up...I read them cover to cover. The in rush of new information was awesome.
I'll bet I'm not wrong and saying that 90% of the hams that have been licensed in the last 5 years have never built a dipole antenna.

Do you ever remember so many companies selling simple wire antennas?
And by the way it's not just ham radio, look around.

Good luck in the contest,73
Dean K2WW