Re: QSTs (2015, 2016, 2017) - free for cost of shipping

wa2cky

Thanks again to everyone.  Someone has opted to get them all (thanks, EuGene).  Had several offers and I am so delighted not to have them go in the trash!  I will be soooooo glad when Covid get's under control and our library will once again be able to put magazines out for folks to pickup.

Here is my ham radio magazine story.  I have been in ham radio since I was in high school (over 60 years ago) and, over the years, I had accumulated well over 10 large boxes of old ham radio magazines - some I had gotten myself through subscriptions, some will acquired at estate sales and auctions, some were given to me, etc, etc. I had magazines that dated back before 1920! I had one wall of my basement - over 15 ft long and 5 ft all - with old magazines!  Ye, gads!  One day in the mid-1990s, I walked downstairs and said 'you have got to get rid of all those magazines'.  So I sat down and used every trick I could think of to get them out gone - sold some, gave some away, etc. And managed to clean out all of them - took over 2 years but I got 'er done.  Since then, I keep just the last two years or so and get rid of everything older.  It is much easier today to find old articles on the web and the ARRL has made it much easier - even to point where I guess they are making back issues of QEX available. Still I do like getting paper copies to read - for some reason the digital ones just don't do it for me.

Anyways thanks to all - been fun reading all the comments.  And thanks to those who decided to help me be a responsible consumer!

73
Bob Groh

On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 12:51 PM Bob Groh <bob.groh@...> wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving Day to all.

Cleaning up a bit and I have some QSTs from 2015, 2016 and 2017 that will be going into the trash unless someone would like them. I can load as many as I can get into a Medium sized USPS Priority Mail box and zip them your way if you will pay $15.05 for postage (US only). Not guaranteeing complete years as some might be missing. Drop me a line if interested.

73
Bob Groh, WA2CKY