Re: Looking 4 Spider SP-1

Bobby Drummond

On Sun, Dec 13, 2020 at 1:44 PM Paul Goemans <wa9pwp@...> wrote:
Wow!
  A blast from our QRP past! Only saw one SP-1 in person, about 25 years ago in the shack of Jim N0UR!

Seeing those FT-243 crystals plugged in to the little transceiver reminds me of the ones I ordered from the same company as those two crystals back in the 1990s:

CW Crystals
Marshfield MO

Got some from them for the 30 meter band and converted a Drake 2NT 20 meter function to 30 meters.  Worked like a charm. Also was easy to "reverse" the process if one wanted to keep it "original".

Pretty well gone are the days of ordering FT-243 crystals in general and gone is CW Crystals.  Kinda' sad if you lived it, loved it and then dwell on it too long.

So, that being the case, when's the 17 meter or 15 meter or 12 meter or 10 meter Cricket coming out?

I think combing some decent sunspots, good geomagnetic field conditions and one of those above could prove to be a real hoot.   I hear tell the former are on the way.
--
73 de AK4JA