SSS results

John Lonigro

It was an exciting yearlong contest, all the way to the end.  I believe Chas, W2SH, was leading virtually all year.  He ended up with a total of 158 points.   However, in December, John, K4BAI, roared ahead to just beat out Chas.  John had 18 points in December (to Chas's 8), a total of 162 for the year.  In third place was Nick, WB5BKL, with 148 points.  Looking back on the year, John did very well every month he participated (except October), but he missed 4 months, which made the contest a lot closer than it would have been if he had participated every month.

So John, K4BAI, gets the first place award for 2020, followed by Chas (2nd place) and Nick (3rd place).  Those three will receive their certificates shortly.

The winner for the month of December was also John, K4BAI, with his 18 points.  John will receive his December certificate shortly as well.

This month, we had two first-time participants: Jerry, W0PWE, from Johnston, IA and Bob, WB1GYZ, from Wallingford, CT.  Based on their 4SQRP membership numbers, Jerry has been a club member forever.  Bob is a relatively new member.  Welcome to the Second Sunday Sprint! Hope you both can join us in the future.

I will make a pdf file of the spreadsheet for 2020, in case anyone would like to look at it.  Just send me a self-addressed, stamped email (hi) and I'll send it to you ASAP.

Thus ends another SSS contest year.  Next month, the spreadsheet will be cleared and everyone gets a fresh start for 2021.  If you are thinking of seriously competing in the Second Sunday Sprint, next month would be an ideal time to get started.  But don't forget that there are twelve monthly winners as well.  If you can only participate every once in a while, you still have a chance to win that month's certificate, but only if you participate and enter your score.

Happy holidays and stay well!  73 to all,

John, AA0VE
4SQRP Contest Coordinator