Re: Moderator Comment on Holiday Wishes Posts

David Wilcox

This brings to my mind, would I reject a gift given in heartfelt appreciation of someone else’s beliefs?  Probably not.  While it wouldn’t cause me to adhere to their belief I would accept the gift with heartfelt thanks.  It’s the “spirit” of the occasion that causes one to even consider “giving” something to “bless” someone else.  I am of Christian belief but I can send someone a Hanukkah card or even do a favor for someone of Jewish belief.  Both they and I are blessed, the giver and the receiver.  If they were of Islamic belief the action and the result would be the same.  Let us all rejoice that whatever our internal belief we can celebrate the good in each persons beliefs and make the world a better place.

Dave K8WPE appreciating the good that the various beliefs can contribute to this very messed up world.

David J. Wilcox’s iPad

On Dec 22, 2020, at 11:11 PM, AG1P Ron <main+owner@4sqrp.groups.io> wrote:

Recently there has been some not-so-complementary comments regards holiday posts on the reflector.  Four State QRP Group is fully supportive of diversity. We have members from around the world with different belief systems. We realize that different members have different religious and philosophical views. In this case most posts are in celebration of a season designed to promote peace and tranquility along with hopes for a better, more prosperous new year.  Christmas, New Years, Winter Solstice, Kwanzaa, Hanukah and other winter celebrations, many of which have been around for thousands of years, each celebrating the “holidays” in their own way.

In the spirit of the holiday 4SQRP feels if you wish to pass on your HEARTFELT well-wishes to others who believe as you do, you are free to do so in the spirit of your holiday. If you do not align with those posts, please ignore them and feel free to post HEARTFELT well wishes to those who follow your own beliefs.  The world is too divided to carry anger and disrespect into this holiday promoting peace and sharing.  Let each of us all observe our holidays in the way we are familiar and not criticize those who do not believe as you do.

Happy Holidays

The Moderators