Re: hill topper 30 not working

KM6KJE

thanks, terry

On Wednesday, December 23, 2020, 08:54:28 AM PST, Rick Lloyd <aa4wradio@...> wrote:

Dale, Terry,

I assembled a Hilltopper 20 a couple months ago and had what sounds like the same problem.

Are the functions working in your rigs? Like sidetone, Keyer speed?

THe problem with mine was the A/V chip. 4SQRP ordered new chips and there was a programming problem with the new chips. (They came without the autoloader on them and the program didn't take properly)

Anything controlled by the chip was very slow. Thus the sidetone sounded like hum, the keyer was slow.

Shoot an email to Jim Pruitt at Jpruitt67@...  he is the kitter and has all the answers on this.

73

Rick
AA4W

On Wed, Dec 23, 2020 at 12:06 AM Dale Holloway, K4EQ <daleholloway@...> wrote:
That's interesting, Terry, because I just finished a Hilltopper 20 and have the same hum (more like a buzzing sound). I took a quick look at the board for any bad solder joints then set it aside as I had some other things to do. I probably won't get back to it until next week, but if I find the issue I'll let you know.
--

Dale, K4EQ
www.k4eq.net