Re: What Kit's would be nice for 2021

I wanted a QRP tube rig so I bought one of those Ameco AC-2T kits, 100-500 milliwatts.  It is a transmitter only, but I have a tube type regenerative receiver schematic around here somewhere, so I can build that and pair both rigs together with a T/R switch; sorta like deja vu all over again (to coin an expression!).Emoji

It would be nice if 4SQRP could offer a simple tube type transceiver - 1 or 2 tubes and crystal control, and maybe plug in coils for band changes, like some of the receivers I built as a kid. (would probably need a nice tight low pass filter with some of those oldie designs!)

Oh, yeah, nostalgia, and the nice glow of a tube to warm the shack and the heart!

EuGene Smith, KA5NLY
Clinton, AR

On Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 10:52:22 PM CST, n4mj via groups.io <n4mj@...> wrote:

Exactly Tim. A simple tube xcvr with xtal controlled tx would be nice. It might be a little price but the nostalgia would be the driver. Would certainly consider a purchase. Love that warm glow.
73 de n4mj//glenn

  Thank you!

On Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 09:42:40 PM CST, Tim N9PUZ <tim.n9puz@...> wrote:

How about a single band tube transceiver? I know because of power
supplies, etc. it wouldn't be dirt cheap but I think there'd be
something satisfying sitting around the glow of a little tube rig
cranking out Q's in the evening.

Tim N9PUZ