Re: What Kit's would be nice for 2021
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
I would like to suggest:
1) bench test set. Maybe a wall wart style power supply, frequency counter, field strength meter, SWR bridge or indicator, dummy load, volt meter. ohm meter, etc. all in one pc board case. Something that would not take up much work bench space, but would be so very helpful in troubleshooting and learning.
2) Six meter FM or CW receiver to be used as a monitor receiver for band openings.
3) ISS downlink receiver for ISS passes so one could monitor the repeater output and maybe increase interest
4) A set of circuit components that can be plugged into each other to build or create a simple CW or SSB QRP TX using sockets for some components to make changing frequency (maybe use those low cost programmable crystal oscillators) or bands possible. Then down the page maybe add a small amplifier for some 20 watt QRO if needed.
5) A similar set of circuit components to build CW/SSB receiver again with the possibility of plug-in components to change the band or bands. Again as a learning or teaching tool for those that want to learn how each section works and how they work together.
6) 10 meter beacon receiver to help monitor band openings.
73/72, Jeff K9JP
On Tue, Jan 5, 2021 at 9:13 PM Robert <e1dslr@...> wrote:
Do Something Nice for Someone Else Today.
73 and ZUT (CW forever)