Re: What Kit's would be nice for 2021

Tom Sevart

On 1/6/2021 08:47, Jeff, K9JP wrote:
I would like to suggest:
1)  bench test set.  Maybe a wall wart style power supply, frequency counter, field strength meter, SWR bridge or indicator, dummy load, volt meter. ohm meter, etc. all in one pc board case.  Something that would not take up much work bench space, but would be so very helpful in troubleshooting and learning.
The 4SQRP group already put out the HF test set. It's got a frequency counter, crystal oscillator, dummy load, noise generator, audio tone generator, and TDR. That kit was retired long ago, so I don't know if they'd be willing to resurrect it.

2) Six meter FM or CW receiver to be used as a monitor receiver for band openings.
I already have a 6m receiver in the form of my Icom R75. But I've long wanted to get onto 6m, so a 6m xceiver kit would be great, either CW or SSB or both.

6) 10 meter beacon receiver to help monitor band openings.
Another good idea. What I actually do is have an old CB hooked up in my shack to listen for 10m band openings. When I hear all the overpowered stations blabbering on channel 6, I know that 10 might be opening up. But a 10 beacon receiver would be a neat idea.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS