Re: What Kit's would be nice for 2021

Jeff, K9JP

How about converting that NDB receiver into a one watt tunable transceiver for 630 meter band? The 630-meter (or 600-meter) amateur radio band is a frequency band allocated by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) to amateur radio operators, and it ranges from 472–479 kHz,

That would help create interest in low frequency communications and antenna experimentation. For an antenna I might try making a PVC pipe rolled base coil and a short (5-8 foot) stinger.  Something I could hang in my garage and even using two of them to make a right angle dipole. Yes, efficiency will not be great, but think of the fun talking to other area hams (maybe DX the next town over) and maybe make a few new friends as well.

de Jeff K9JP

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 12:14 AM Bob Parr <parr@...> wrote:
...and what do you do with an NDB?

Bob
KG5GTE

--
Do Something Nice for Someone Else Today.
73 and ZUT (CW forever)