Re: What Kit's would be nice for 2021

John Lonigro

There's a similar device described in the July, 1997 QST that I almost built one time.

Something like that would be fun and easy to build, but the warning about having long ragchews is important.  If your HT has a time-out timer, it would be a good idea to make sure it is turned on.

72,
John, AA0VE

On 1/7/21 1:22 PM, John - KK4ITX via groups.io wrote:
Here's a 2m FM unit that you can try.  Although it's on my website I have never tried it myself....... I thought that some of the locals would enjoy practicing CW but it was a dead end.

Really not very complicated, no bells and whistles.  I probably have most all the parts if you don't and would share them.  You would need a box and some battery power, perhaps a 9V ?

John

Click Here for Zephyrhills Area Amateur Radio Club
Many of life's failures are people who
did not realize how close they were to
success when they gave up.
       Thomas A. Edison

On Thursday, January 7, 2021, 02:01:24 PM EST, WR9H <herbcase@...> wrote:

I would like to see  a simple 2 meter cw/ kit transmitter that could be heard in our handhelds.
Herb/WR9H