Re: Ozarkcon 2021

n4mj

Maybe this will be the last time Ozarkcon has to be cancelled.  Hope so anyway.  Got my shot (vaccine) today, next on on 9 Feb 2021.

Meanwhile -

FYI.  This is a super good event and well worth the $10 early registration.  I attended the previous virtual hamfest. Enjoyed it even more than Xenia.  Missed the feeling/touching new items but learned a lot from presenters.  Take a read. Enjoy a 'virtual' hamfest from the comfort of your shack.
73 de n4mj//glenn

The first QSO Today Expo was a great success with over 16,000 attendees and the March 13-14, 2021 event is anticipated to be even larger. The QSO Expo team has been working hard to make this upcoming Expo even better with new speakers, panel discussions, kit building workshops, and much more.

Anyone can attend from their home or office.

Early Bird Tickets are just $10 (to help cover the cost of this event, $12.50 at the "door") and include entry for the Live 2 day period as well as the 30-day on-demand period). Registration can be found at www.qsotodayhamexpo.com.

The ARRL, the national association for Amateur Radio® in the United States, is a QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo Partner.

At the Expo, amateur radio operators will be able to:
  • Learn from a packed line-up of 60+ renowned ham radio speakers such as Bob Allphin, K4UEE, on “My Favorite DXpeditions to DXCC Top 10 Most Wanted”; Michael Foerster, W0IH, on “Using the Arduino In Your Shack”; and Ron Jones, K7RJ, on “3D Printer Basics”.
  • Take part in Live virtual kit building workshops. Kits will be available for purchase and delivered to you in time for the Expo so you can participate and build from the convenience of your home.
  • Walk through the virtual exhibit hall filled with popular amateur radio suppliers. Watch live product demos of the latest equipment. New video technology will be used to provide a better experience for attendees to engage with exhibitors.
  • Outside of our virtual auditorium is a virtual lounge with tables and chairs for live video chats to allow a “hallway meetup” experience.
  • Prior to the Expo, take advantage of our new speaker calendar technology to download speaker times in your local time zones to your Google or Outlook calendar. You’ll then have a complete schedule of the sessions you want to join.

If you’ve never been to an in-person Hamfest or Expo, you can participate from the convenience of your home or office without spending a dime on travel! This platform simulates a full convention experience with an exhibit hall and exhibit booths staffed by live attendants, speaker auditorium with live Q&A, and now our video lounge.

And remember that you can return over the 30 days after the QSO Today Expo to listen to speakers you missed during the Live period, explore, and re-engage exhibitor offerings.

Flexradio is the Expo’s Platinum Sponsor and Gold sponsors as of this time include Elecraft, RFinder, and Connect Systems.

Go to https://www.qsotodayhamexpo.com/ now to learn more and get registered!

We look forward to having you join us at Expo for an amazing and engaging experience.

  Thank you!

On Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 05:32:52 PM CST, Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...> wrote:

Good Evening Group

Well I was hoping that I would not have to make this announcement, but due
to the continued spread of Covid and the delays that have been encountered getting the vaccinations
rolled out, we have decided to Cancel the in Person Ozarkcon for 2021,
that would have been in Branson, Mo.

But, as an old saying goes, when you get handed Lemons, make Lemonade?

Well this is not exactly Lemonade but something a whole lot better!

We're planning to host a Virtual Ozarkcon via one of the social media platforms and disturbed via the World wide Web.
It will be very similar in format to the in person Ozarkcon
except we will be able to view it from the safety of our homes.

The Virtual Ozarkcon is planned for the Second weekend of April, on Saturday the 10th of April. We moved it forward a week since Easter weekend is the 3rd and 4th.

We're working on the details and more details will be posted as soon as they are available.

We will have a great lineup of speakers with a wide variety of Qrp presentations for you to enjoy.
We plan to have a Wackey Key contest, with Video clips to be submitted online, as well as
the long standing and very popular Home Brew contest.

We have decided to hold off on the Buildathon this year since we can't be in the same room together.
Who doesn't enjoy the smell of Melted solder and burning rosin?

We haven't decided if we will have the K0N ops on the air but we will let you know.

Anyway, that's all I have for now.
So stay tuned for updates as they are available.

72, 73
Stay healthy and I will see you all at the 2021 Virtual Ozarkcon.