Re: Ozarkcon 2021

David Wilcox

Johnny,

Sorry you have to cancel but maybe I will be able to attend for the first time.  Ozarkon has been on my bucket list for years but can’t do that and Dayton/FDIM both.  I will be very happy to pay whatever fees necessary to attend this year.  I am looking for incense that smells like solder to have going in the background to use during the videos (like even the smell of popcorn enhances the experience of watching a movie on TV).

I received the Black Widow key kit yesterday.  Thanks for leaving it in the original mailing envelope.  I am sure that enhanced the value of it.  My wife saw it all and asked how much...... and then asked how many CW keys I needed...... both very touchy questions to an old ham.  I was kind and didn’t ask her about how many cookbooks (that she doesn’t use) and other items that have collected in our home for 47 years...... she almost laughed when she asked the question though.  Good mood and a good day for ham radio.

Dave K8WPE

David J. Wilcox’s iPad

On Jan 12, 2021, at 6:32 PM, Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...> wrote:

Good Evening Group

Well I was hoping that I would not have to make this announcement, but due
to the continued spread of Covid and the delays that have been encountered getting the vaccinations
rolled out, we have decided to Cancel the in Person Ozarkcon for 2021,
that would have been in Branson, Mo.

But, as an old saying goes, when you get handed Lemons, make Lemonade?

Well this is not exactly Lemonade but something a whole lot better!

We're planning to host a Virtual Ozarkcon via one of the social media platforms and disturbed via the World wide Web.
It will be very similar in format to the in person Ozarkcon
except we will be able to view it from the safety of our homes.

The Virtual Ozarkcon is planned for the Second weekend of April, on Saturday the 10th of April. We moved it forward a week since Easter weekend is the 3rd and 4th.

We're working on the details and more details will be posted as soon as they are available.

We will have a great lineup of speakers with a wide variety of Qrp presentations for you to enjoy.
We plan to have a Wackey Key contest, with Video clips to be submitted online, as well as
the long standing and very popular Home Brew contest.

We have decided to hold off on the Buildathon this year since we can't be in the same room together.
Who doesn't enjoy the smell of Melted solder and burning rosin?

We haven't decided if we will have the K0N ops on the air but we will let you know.

Anyway, that's all I have for now.
So stay tuned for updates as they are available.

72, 73
Stay healthy and I will see you all at the 2021 Virtual Ozarkcon.