Re: Ozarkcon 2021

Johnny AC0BQ

Hello Mike
Yes!
I would appreciate you help very much.
I am a ver inexperienced Zoom user.
I’m assuming we will use zoom
For Webinar and will need to buy a user license.
The club will take care of this, Ron our treasurer has some Money.

I have been looking at the GQRP model from last year.

I’m lining up speakers and will ask them to “record” their presentations.

Do I need to have them do any thing
Other than that?

Thank you very much Mike
I’m sure we will visit more in the near future!
73
Johnny

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 9:28 AM Mike Malone <kd5kxf@...> wrote:
Johnny,
I have been speaking with David Cripe about the virtualcon.  If you need help setting it up let me know.  I have been having to use a lot of this technology as I have been working from home.
Mike KD5KXF

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 5:32 PM Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...> wrote:
Good Evening Group

Well I was hoping that I would not have to make this announcement, but due
to the continued spread of Covid and the delays that have been encountered getting the vaccinations
rolled out, we have decided to Cancel the in Person Ozarkcon for 2021,
that would have been in Branson, Mo.

But, as an old saying goes, when you get handed Lemons, make Lemonade?

Well this is not exactly Lemonade but something a whole lot better!

We're planning to host a Virtual Ozarkcon via one of the social media platforms and disturbed via the World wide Web.
It will be very similar in format to the in person Ozarkcon
except we will be able to view it from the safety of our homes.

The Virtual Ozarkcon is planned for the Second weekend of April, on Saturday the 10th of April. We moved it forward a week since Easter weekend is the 3rd and 4th.

We're working on the details and more details will be posted as soon as they are available.

We will have a great lineup of speakers with a wide variety of Qrp presentations for you to enjoy.
We plan to have a Wackey Key contest, with Video clips to be submitted online, as well as
the long standing and very popular Home Brew contest.

We have decided to hold off on the Buildathon this year since we can't be in the same room together.
Who doesn't enjoy the smell of Melted solder and burning rosin?

We haven't decided if we will have the K0N ops on the air but we will let you know.

Anyway, that's all I have for now.
So stay tuned for updates as they are available.

72, 73
Stay healthy and I will see you all at the 2021 Virtual Ozarkcon.

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com