Re: Middle or End

Dave Benson

I'll echo Don's comment about the end-fed antennas.

I have the PAR 40M/30M end-fed and very happy with it.  It has a single trap about 45 feet out from the feedpoint, and an overall length of 54 feet.  I had no trouble setting the lengths for an SWR of 1.2:1 or better.  With that success, there's no need for an antenna tuner.  I've also built several end-feds for portable operation and had the same success with them.

The EF-10/20/40 is 40 feet in length, and could be bent at one end if you don't have enough attic length. Its maximum recommended power is 25 Watts if that's a concern.

73 - Dave, K1SWL

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021 at 7:10 PM Don, W9EBK <donw9ebk@...> wrote:
Doc,
I've grown to really like end fed dipoles.  They are a bit expensive,  but they seem to always work well.
Don, W9EBK

On Fri, Jan 15, 2021, 5:44 PM Michael McEwen <michael.t.mcewen@...> wrote:
I am going to need HOA antennas for at least about 3 to 4 mo. I have 20 and 40 dipoles on hand that I can put in my attic under my standard composition shingles roof...or I could put up a backpacker 10/20/40 Endfedz up there.  Any suggestions or observations?

72/73 Doc K5OSA