Re: Bayou Jumper troubleshooting audio chip

bryan rice

Stereo type like ear buds i went back through this morning with the build sheet all parts are in there rite place i did this 3 times just to triple check my self i dont know why u1 is showing low voltages. If i ordered a nother audio chip how wolud i do that with out buying the whole kit again.

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021, 12:03 PM Jim, N5IB <n5ib@...> wrote:
Hi Bryan,

Did you get my earlier message?

Those voltages, and the hot condition tell the tale.
I'm pretty sure U1's output is being shorted to ground somewhere. It may possibly have survived, but is most likely done for.
What kind of speaker of headphones are plugged into the jack?

Jim, N5IB