Re: Anyone have a box for the Tracer Injector v2 Kit

Philip Karras <ke3fl@...>

Hi EuGene,

I'm rounding to nearest 0.1 mm, I'm using calipers that claim 0.01mm accuracy.

Top of board to the bottom of approx solder connection on the bottom of the board ~ 3.7mm

The top of the board is far more complex. There's a slider on/off switch, two connection ports to plug the probes into, the vertical caps are taller than the case of the volume control.

Board thickness ~ 1.6mm

bottom of board to top of stereo socket case ~ same as top of on/off switch case: ~8.4mm

bottom of board to top of tallest vertical cap (10uf) ~ 13.4mm

Probe ports, bottom of board to top of these: ~ 14.3mm,
  bottom of board to wide section of probe ports: ~9.7mm
NOTE: the probes should be able to plug into these to touch the top of the wide section.
DIA of the ports 10.8mm (10.82mm)

Bottom of board to top of volume control case: ~10.0mm (9.95mm)

Bottom of board to top of volume control stem: ~22.3mm (22.26mm)

If this stem is 22mm tall and the case is made to just match the height of the tallest vertical caps there's about 22-13.4mm ~ 8.6mm for a knob to slip onto the stem. Looks good.

However, if the case has to clear the tallest caps at 13.4mm then they are taller than the stem of the on/off slider switch and an extender will need to be made for the on/off switch stem.

Top of tallest cap ~ 13.4mm, top of slider stem to bottom of the board: ~12.6mm.

_______Parts here - top of the board
Board:  |______solder + parts wires down below here - bottom of board

I hope that helps and is not too confusing.

73 de KE3FL,
Phil
ARRL OES, ORS, & VE
ARRL Life Member

On Saturday, February 6, 2021, 4:06:18 PM EST, bigusmith via groups.io <bigusmith@...> wrote:

Phil,

What are the dimensions of the tracer injector PCB and the height of the components?

EuGene, KA5NLY

On Saturday, February 6, 2021, 11:56:19 AM CST, Philip Karras via groups.io <ke3fl@...> wrote:

Anyone found a good one or someone who it 3D printing one?

Tnx es 73 de KE3FL,
Phil
-----

Join main@4SQRP.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.