Insulator for Ground Mounted Vertical Antenna

Curt

I have 2 ground mounted verticals, both happen to be Cushcraft which use a 1.25 inch fiberglass tube.  Sometimes a wind gust will bring down the vertical even though have staked guy ropes on each.  Or this time my shorter vertical came down so I am suspicious a deer may have ran into my guy rope.  Of course this cracks the fiberglass usually at the bottom connection to the grounded base.  Last time I ordered these from the manufacturer it took a couple months.  Does anyone use an alternate recipe or buy fiberglass tubing from somewhere?  I did see someone using 2 PVC pipes nested into each other for strength - of course I prefer a solution with more common materials.  Curious what others are doing.

73 Curt WB8YYY