Re: Some Good Murania News

Curt

Phil

These receivers using regeneration have different physics. You should not need more antenna, a loopstick will receive AM stations by itself over hundreds of miles at night.

Also better to have less coupling between the antenna and regeneration circuitry. Counter intuitive but true. Tuning is sharper with less signal coupled in, and the regeneration makes up for it. Patiently try less coupling. You want higher Q to get better selectivity.

My own AM regen is different, it uses a tube at 12 volts only on the plate. Like n3sb reports for his Murania, it pulls in dx at night. I also have a homebrew ozark patrol here, and a few other regens.

I did run across a blog discussing a modified murania, but get your stock radio working better with some adjustments.

Curt