Re: Ozarkcon Virtual 2021 sign up is open!

* On 2021 18 Feb 02:39 -0600, Casey via groups.io wrote:
Who remembers the 1:1 SWR Dipole sold around 1980 (MaxCon?) that was
just a 50 ohm Resistor with a couple wires attached across the Load?
I remember in the very first sample issue of WorldRadio I received as a
Novice, the January 1984 issue, the Aerials column by Kurt N. Sterba was
taking this thing to task. Up to that point I only received QST and had
no prior knowledge of the device. His exposé proved beneficial for
sorting the wheat from the chaff for this new ham. Unfortunately, I see
little such straight talk these days.

72, Nate

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB