Re: SS-40 Survey -- rant about Priority Mail tracking

davemrtn

I recently sent a package via 1st class mail and paid a small extra for "tracking".

I wanted to make sure I knew when it was delivered.

As it turns out the USPS attempted deliver and no one was at the address to receive the package, so they left a delivery notice. After a week no one had gone to the USPS to get the package and the company I was dealing with said they hadn't received my package.......

Guess who had egg on THEIR face !!!

Anyway, it's resolved now and my replacement parts are scheduled for delivery by my local USPS today.

Now I just hope the replacement parts work better than the first ones I received.

--
David Martin - K5DCM - Mountain Home Ar.

Quoting Chris Howard w0ep <w0ep@w0ep.us>:

Um, a comment from the peanut gallery.
USPS Priority mail has "delivery confirmation". It is not a tracking number.
They don't lose things very often, but when they
do they will tell you that there is no tracking
as the item moves through their system. If it is
never delivered then the "delivery confirmation"
is worthless.
I've had that happen. They actually went to
a lot of effort to try to find my lost package. But it was the same as if it were just a dumb
package.
Delivery confirmation is useful in being able to
discern if the customer is lying or if the
package really got lost. That it will do.
sorry, bit of a rant...
Chris

On 6/26/2013 10:26 PM, WA0ITP wrote:

HI Todd, Thanx for asking.
The original price was $62 including shipping. Due to component cost
increases we'll probably have to fix the new kit's price at approx $60, maybe a
bit more, plus shipping. The reason I'm not firm on the price is that we
haven't purchased components or boards for the SS-40 in some time, and costs
have increased, some considerably. We always try to contain the costs as much
as possible however.

DX shipping in particular has skyrocked, so we feel we have to break out
shipping costs separately. We'll be using Priority mail since it provides a
tracking number.

Thanx again and hope this helps.
Real radios weigh less than a pound. I love this radio stuff !
72 WA0ITP
www.wa0itp.com <http://www.wa0itp.com>
www.4sqrp.com <http://www.4sqrp.com>