Re: Portable Antenna Survey - Murphy

Bill Cromwell

On 06/28/2013 11:19 AM, Scotty Long wrote:

Buddipole with or without military whips and 12 foot mast works great. Very portable and easy to set up. I use it mostly in a vertical configuration with counterpoise wire.
I also carry a long wire with a 4-1 and 1-1 LDG baluns and MFJ tuner as well for quick operations...and back up...
I also all in the same go bag have a W3EDP wire antenna. Not used yet as the fist two work great...back up for the back up...

Scotty/NU0S

/Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID/
Hi Scotty,

You better make yourself an opportunity to check out that backup for the backup antenna. One of my daughters married Murphy and if you don't check it out then the Murph will get you when you need that antenna most. Good to find out what it needs right in your own back yard instead of late evening at the state park!

73,

Bill KU8H