Re: Prizes from OZARKCON 2021

Ed Meyer, WG5F

UPDATE:
Many of you have received your prizes which were shipped directly from 4SQRP kitters, and individual donors.
Thanks to all the 4SQRP'ers who took care of those shipments!

I just dropped off 87 packages, bubble mailers, boxes, etc at the Tulsa OK post office.
If you won a door prize that I'm shipping to you, you should start seeing notifications that you have a package on the way.
A few emails went out on Saturday regarding this Monday shipment, but the rest were suppressed until Monday evening...
So, we'll see how fast USPS is able to process that buggy full of mailings.
In case you don't see any status on your tracking number for a day or two... keep these FAQ's in minds:

Keep in mind that USPS can often take up to 24 hours to update tracking statuses. There are a few reasons why your package status may not be updated right away:

  • If you drop your package off after hours, USPS won't scan it in until the next day (this is not the case for the 4SQRP packages)
  • It's in queue at a USPS facility
  • The postal workers scanning packages simply didn't get to it that day
  • Due to record-breaking volume, we’re also seeing a lot more instances where local Post Offices ship packages out without scanning them initially. In most of these cases, it’ll take a couple of days for the first scan to show up and mark the package as “In Transit"
So, it might be a few days - but pretty soon almost all prizes have now been dispatched.
I have two or three prizes with addresses that were rejected and I'll reach out to those QRP'ers ASAP for updated information.
I also need to get the DX Engineering gift certificates in the mail - they sent us physical certificates, so I'll forward those via USPS.
This has been a learning adventure...
By the way - it took me an extra week to get the mailing done as I could not order mailing labels and #0 bubble envelopes from Office Depot or Staples for same day pick up.  So I figured, ok, Amazon prime says they deliver next day, and they were considerably less expensive.   IT TOOK AMAZON 4 DAYS TO DELIVIVER!!!! Ugh.
So - the first time I had the chance to work on this was this weekend.
I really am sorry it's taking so long.
I know you guys all know what problems the pandemic has foisted upon us, but I didn't see this on coming.
(Really, no labels and #0 bubble envelopes at Office Depot/Staples?  Really?)
Y'all enjoy your prizes !
72,
-Ed, WG5F-